I don’t think I’ve ever been so busy at work as I have been in these past few days. I’m looking forward to making the most out of my last day downtown – tomorrow, and I’m especially looking forward to an adventure this weekend – camping! Everyone who knows me can safely say that I’m not exactly a camper. But, I’m going to try this weekend (for one night at least). My past experience in this area is dated back to elementary school. It includes a sleepover in my friend Karissa’s treehouse – so we could go to Yarrow Days together, and a couple of sleepovers on our trampoline, in our backyard. We didn’t quite ever make it through the entire night… So, in order to prepare myself, I’ve started what I do each time when I need to do some planning or preparation: make a list. This is it so far:
- If sunny – outfit for first day: plaid shorts, BR white tank, Havianna’s from Philippinnes
- If overcast – outfit for first day: white capri’s, navy blue Marc Jacobs cat t-shirt, Converse shoes
- Pajama’s – pink cotton from Pinky
- Extra’s – New Balance runners (for trekking around), socks, Hollister hoodie, bathing suit
- Second day – H&M longsleeve purple tshirt, thick blue capri joggers, runners
- Travel size – toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, facewash, Dermaglow sunscreen, wet wipes
- Fresh Sugar Rose SPF 15 lip balm (one of my all time favourites!)
- Q – do we need to take water?? Ask Bitu
- Toilet paper – (omg. i’m kind of getting nervous)
- Insect repellent
- Tent!! (I can’t wait to use it outside! I’ve practiced setting it up in my living room once. I got it 5 years ago when I thought I might be doing more of this…) Need to find…
- Air mattress – need to get – Canadian Tire? Need to make sure it fits inside tent – take measurements of tent (once found).
- Air pump for mattress
- Sheet for air mattress
- Smores – graham crackers, chocolate, marshmallows
- Fruit – peaches, plums (from Yarrow)
- Hotdogs(?) – need to go to Choices. Buns, condiments.
- Q – ask Bitu if someone is taking BBQ
- Cheese and crackers
Ok, so I need some help around food. Anybody an experienced camper who can guide me on camping food? What works? Also, am I missing stuff from the other categories? Any assistance is appreciated.