Happy Earth Day everyone! Everyone can take part in Earth Day in some way. Some easy ways to participate in making our planet more beautiful are:
1. Be Power Smart. Turn off the lights when you don’t need them. Hang your clothes to dry. I hang (or flat dry) most of my clothes and I’ve found that it keeps them looking newer for much longer, especially my work clothes.
2. Plant something. Anything.
3. Eat less and better quality (locally grown, organic) meat. Shop at local farmers markets. There are two in Abbotsford! Support them.
4. Watch the Story of Stuff.
5. Don’t litter and recycle everything you can. I went for a walk in the park today with one of my best friends and saw students going around the park, picking up trash. I can’t believe people still litter!